Saturday, September 17, 2016

The path of Peace.....

As a person who fights the urge DAILY to engage in excessive planning, this devotional today was a good reminder. I used to obsessively plan my days. I would write down multiple  lists of things to do in the ORDER they should be done. But it wasn’t just tasks that I would obsess over.  I would plan what I was going to say to someone who had hurt me the next time I saw them. (If they say THIS then I’ll say THAT, then if they do THAT I’ll do this etc… that exchange in my head could go on for hours by the way).  I would also plan how I was going to act at a social event where I knew I’d be uncomfortable (If THIS happens, then I’ll just do THAT… etc.)  Endless possibilities could take control of my brain as I would waste time and energy planning situations in my mind that might never even come into my reality.  I had everything so planned out that I didn’t leave any room for HIM to enter the situation… and that left me in a place of NO PEACE constantly.

I can honestly say that after YEARS of working on that, I have gotten much, much better about turning over those worries to God and letting Him just lead me at the moment. I’m not 100% there, as my old habits can creep up on me easily still.  BUT, after trusting Him in a few situations and seeing how His ways work things out much better than MY ways, I have learned to loosen my grip on pre-planning events and let Him lead the way, day by day..... moment by moment.   When I started letting go and seeing His power in those situations, not only did it take so much pressure off of ME, but it reinforced my faith. There is nothing so powerful as seeing the Lord come into a situation where YOU can't find the right solution, and seeing His plan unfold so beautifully.   Lord, I pray today that we all can turn from the path of planning to the path of PEACE by entrusting you to guide us through whatever situations we might face today. May all my actions, and especially my REACTIONS, be honoring to you.  In Jesus’ name. Amen.  #JesusCalling  #MorningDevotional2016



No comments:

Post a Comment