Sunday, July 14, 2013

We are so blessed.....


We are so blessed in this country.  We truly are.  

Most of you know that I'm on the Board of Directors for a wonderful non-profit organization called "Beautiful Feet Global Outreach".  One of the "arms" of this organization reaches out to care for orphans in another country.  For several reasons, I don't want to name the country here, so that's why you see ------ in some places.  But here is what our organization director wrote today:

"I am grieving today, hard core. My upcoming trip to ----- is being cancelled due to political unrest in the country. The election is going to take place in the next couple of weeks in which the very long-term leader is most likely to lose the election. His militia is preparing to retaliate against the people if this happens. For me to be there not only places me in SERIOUS danger but it also puts all of my treasured babies, children, friends, brother, and my beloved sister in danger. It is not worth the risk. Meanwhile - violent intimdation tactics are taking place now. All of my --- children and their fearless Mum (my spiritual sister) are taking serious precautions. School is being cancelled indefinitely. They are needing to invest in a landline for the main house and they must stock pile at least 2 mos worth of food because their plan is to lock-in and not leave at all. They have to increase security and locks. Truly - without exaggerating or sensationalising anything, their lives are in danger. My sister, their Mum has informed me that I CANNOT visit again until next April. That means an entire year will have come between us - a reality I simply cannot fathom. I will also miss my baby brother's (from another mother) wedding. I don't even know how to process this. I'm praying for --- - for the safety of all, for the government to be good and fair. I'm praying no lives are taken, that no children are stolen and that no one is beaten or broken in the harsh reality of intimidation. I can't fathom this. I cannot fathom this. My heart is twisted and torn, breaking into bits as I sit here and try to type this out. ******* Our --- family needs help to be able to afford the landline installation, security and stock piles of food. If you can spare any money for a dire emergency, please send asap. I am sending a wire this coming week. Please mail checks to BFGO; c/o Melissa Irwin, 405 Meadowgreen Drive; Franklin, TN 37069. Or please donate online asap at www.beautifulfeetgo.org. Tagging those who need to read this asap Elaine Smith Michelle Soll Sharon Karns Jacob Julie Johnson Harrell Marcia Ramirez *****WE NEED PRAYER WARRIORS. IF YOU ARE WILLING TO GET ON YOUR KNEES EVERYDAY BETWEEN NOW AND THE END OF AUGUST TO PRAY FOR THEIR SAFETY AND FOR A BETTER GOVERNMENT, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHO IS WILLING TO CARRY THIS BURDEN WITH ME AND JOIN WITH ME IN THESE DAYS. Thank you. Love, Melissa"

 Would you please help us?   Either by sending a little money, or committing to PRAY with us for these sweet children and their wonderful orphanage caregiver.  She fearlessly protects those kids everyday, but this situation appears to be a fight tougher than they are usually faced with.

 If you could join us in prayer to protect our family across the sea during this time of political unrest, would you please let me know!  I think it would bring comfort to our director and the orphanage caregiver - and all the kids to have a list of names that they KNOW are on their knees in front of our Lord on their behalf each day during this time.  That would be good news to share with them!    THANK YOU FRIENDS.  

 Romans 10: 14, 15 --  "How beautiful are the feet of those that bring good news."  

No comments:

Post a Comment