Tuesday, March 26, 2013

90? Heck Yeah!!

Someone special is turning 90 yrs old today!   Pretty amazing... especially since the man takes NO medications.  Seriously!  ZERO meds!!  ... I mean, WHO over the age of 50 doesn't have a pill box full these days?  My DAD, that's who!  


We were so blessed to have several friends and family come help Dad celebrate with a little party this past weekend.  My cousin Mike flew in from Kansas City to help us celebrate.  Mike's Dad, Pepe Ramirez and my Dad are brothers.  Sadly, Pepe passed away several years ago, but he and my Dad were very close and our families spent alot of time together while Mike and I were growing up.  It was really special to have him here with us!  

Michael Ramirez and Dad



Two special friends from Dallas, TX also got to attend his party.  Sam and Peggy Tinsley.  Peggy was a student of Dad's when he was a college professor at Ouachita Baptist University in Arkadelphia, AR.  She was engaged to Sam while attending OBU, and then when they got married, Sam actually asked my Dad to be his best man!   Yours truly was the flower girl...  :-)   
Marcia, Peggy Tinsley, Dad, Sam Tinsley
Today is Dad's actual birthday.... we are taking him to his favorite restaurant, Cracker Barrel for breakfast this morning.  If you'd like to leave any Birthday Wishes for him, feel free to leave them here, or on my Facebook page.  He doesn't have a computer (yet), but I'm going to print out everyone's comments and take them to him so he can see them.  He's been through alot in the last few weeks, with Mother's passing, and then having to move into a new apartment, but he's doing really well and I'm very happy with how well he is adjusting.   

Seriously, at this rate, I better start planning a big celebration for the day he hits triple digits!  He's happy and healthy... and that's all a daughter could want!  

Happy Birthday Daddy!!  


6 comments:

  1. Happy Happy Birthday from Marty and ME!!!!!!! You are such a special man!! Love Ginny and Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh - his smile makes me light up! I've loved meeting your sweet Daddy the few times that I have. I'm elated that he is rocking 90! Happy Birthday Dr. Ramirez. Please save me a seat at your 100th birthday celebration because I will definitely plan to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell him Happy Birthday from Me!! What an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete