Tuesday, February 5, 2013

UPDATE ON MOM 2/5/13 - Cautiously Optimistic

The TPN (Total Parenteral Nutrition) that has been going through her IV now for 24 hrs. seems to be helping her a bit.  She is opening her eyes now and then... and weakly saying a few words.  So she is stronger than she was yesterday.

She is still not eating.

She is still in alot of pain.

She is still asking to go "home".  Over and over.

When i got there this morning I went over and kissed her on the head:

"Good Morning Mama, can you open your eyes and look at me?"
She shakes her head back and forth.
"Do you know who I am?"
Shakes her head back and forth.  Eyes still shut tight.
"Derek's coming today.  Do you know who Derek is?"
Shakes her head back and forth again. Eyes still shut tight.
"Do you know where you are?"
Suddenly her eyes fly open and she says,
"Stop asking me questions!"

I guess I can still get on her nerves, like only a hovering daughter can.  LOL

Later in the day, she did seem to remember me... and Derek too, who came in like a wonderful grandson and took over the afternoon shift with her so I could go check on Dad.

Many of you have asked about Dad.  He is doing just fine back at their assisted-living apartment for the time-being.  I think he's in a bit of denial, which is understandable.   He knows she's really sick.  He doesn't ask alot of questions, so I don't give him alot of details.  The time will come for that later. 

She's still really, really sick.... but I'm cautiously optimistic.  I thank you all again for your prayers and good wishes.  I tell her everyday that there are 100's of people praying for her.... and she always manages a little smile when I tell her.  So THANK YOU for giving her a reason to smile right now.

Let's pray that tomorrow, she might EAT.  That will be a HUGE step in the right direction.  

Love you all..... M







1 comment: