Monday, February 4, 2013

UPDATE ON MOM 2/4/13 - I wish I had better news....

Today was not a good day.

She isn't responding to anything and continues to decline.

She hasn't eaten in over a weak and the doctor said without nutrition in her body, she can't heal from the surgery.

She has barely spoken or opened her eyes in the last 24 hrs., and seems to be too weak to even swallow now.  

They are putting some nutrition through her IV tonight, hopeful she might respond to that.

If this doesn't help, I know she does NOT want a feeding tube, so I may have some tough decisions in front of me soon.

Your prayers for God's mercy to fall upon her are coveted.   I either want her fully back and living a pain-free, quality life, or I'd prefer the Good Lord just take her on home.  This in-between stuff is for the birds. 

Thank you again for each and every Facebook message, twitter, email, text and phone call.  I read them to her and remind her how much she is loved.  What a sweet gift!!  

Love you all..... M


6 comments:

  1. Marcia... I've been where you are. Praying for that 2 Cor 1 comfort that was there for me. Get some rest! We'll see you tomorrow night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet sweet Marcia....I've been there (twice) and soooo feel for you. I am praying for mercy for your mama....His will be done. I've prayed the same prayer over and over. I pray for peace for you and His comfort in decisions you will have to make. I love you so much. If there is anything I can do besides pray, please please call or text me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh friend... i am so sorry... i am praying...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet girl... I feel your prayers... they mean SO much. :-)

      Delete