Thursday, January 17, 2013

Watching a friend blossom....

There's nothing quite like watching a friend blossom.

I always knew Connie was special.  We were really just kids when we first met.  I was 22 yrs old and had just moved to Nashville, TN.  I knew no one.  No one.  My husband was touring on the road constantly and I was at home 24 hrs. a day with an 18 month old baby.  Having no one but an 18 month old child to talk to each and every day does WONDERS for your own vocabulary (not), so I decided I needed to find friends my own age, rediscover life in the working world, and learn to properly pronounce consonants again.  So...  I got a little part-time job at a clothing store down the road from my apartment and that's where I met Connie Williams.  We instantly hit it off and I felt blessed that God had brought her into my life... I had my first friend in Nashville!!

A few months after meeting, together we left that little clothing store and started working at Opryland U.S.A.... (still miss that place!).  Her sweet mother, Miss Mary would babysit my little Derek when I worked.  She would even keep him when I would sing in clubs at night, trying to pave my wave in the music biz here in Nashville.  That was extra sweet because I would sometimes pick up that child at 1:00AM... but Miss Mary never complained.  She was truly an angel for me at that time in my life!!   And so was her daughter, Connie.

Connie and I lost touch somewhere along the way, but THANKFULLY God brought us back together about 12 years ago.  I got to reconnect with her and her amazing partner Sheila and they are two of my favorite human beings on this planet!!  I LOVE the way they "do life".  Whenever there is a crisis, Connie & Sheila are the first ones to step up and help.  Those girls take action.  They wake up each day and get the most out of the life that God has given them... whatever is put before them each day, they tackle with an energy and excitement that is contagious.  They just have this positive presence that makes you wanna go, "I'll have what they're having!".   SO.... when I found out Connie was writing a book, I knew that it was going to be something special.  I just love it when I'm RIGHT.  :-)

"Thinking Consciously Rocks!" is an amazing book!!   It's not your typical "self-help" book.  It's the wonderful story of Connie's journey to real peace, love and acceptance and I believe that her story will truly help anyone looking to put a past full of hurt behind them and find a way towards a life of joy and purpose.  I'm so glad that Connie followed God's "prompting" to write this book.   Knowing her now for almost 30 years, I can honestly say that she's the real deal.  She has struggled through the pain of her brother's murder, depression, financial difficulties and social acceptance, but she has taken all those struggles and is now using them to inspire others that you can "Change your life... one conscious thought at a time."

If you don't like what's going on in your life right now... if you don't find yourself anxious to get up each morning and see what your day will bring.... if you are struggling with how to let go of something that is holding you back.... do yourself a favor and READ THIS BOOK asap!!   I promise you will find something in Connie's words to inspire and motivate you towards a better life!

Thanks for the book Connie!!  God is going to use your words and experiences to help SO many!  Count me as one!!  Love you.....

Connie, on the day of her book release!

2 comments:

  1. Marcia, I can barely see through the tears to type this message, so this will be short. Thank you, I love you and I too am grateful God brought us back together - that day in Regions Bank. You are the definition of a true friend. Got to go now, can barely breath. I think I need to let these tears of love and joy flow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are precious to me and it's truly one of MY joys in life -- to see a friend like you find your "voice" and bloom into the lovely flower that God made you to be!! Love you!

      Delete