Thursday, October 4, 2012

White Chicken Chili...... SOOO good!

I tweeted about making White Chicken Chili in my trusty Crockpot yesterday and I've had about 10 requests for the recipe.   SO, I'm posting it here.   The temps are supposed to drop BIG TIME around here this week-end, so it will be the perfect time for you to try this while rooting on your favorite football team!  (Go Titans!)

Gotta give props to my mother-in-law, Jan Waldron -- this is her recipe!!  Easy and DE-licious!!

CROCKPOT WHITE CHICKEN CHILI
-2 or 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
-1/2 onion
-1 16 oz jar of salsa ( I use Chi-Chi's medium)
-1 large jar of Great Northern Beans (Or two cans)  - do NOT drain, pour into crockpot juice and all!
-1 can of chicken broth
-8 oz. shredded pepperjack cheese

cut up the chicken breasts into very small, bite size pieces.  Saute w/onion in a little olive oil until no longer pink.

Transfer chicken and onion into crockpot.... add all the other remaining ingredients... cook on low for 5 -6 hours, stirring now and then to keep the cheese mixed around.

Garnish w/ oyster crackers and extra cheese...... Mmmmmm


No comments:

Post a Comment