Sunday, October 21, 2012

10 yrs at Crosspoint.....


We had QUITE the celebration today at Municipal Auditorium here in Nashville.  10 years ago, Pastor Pete Wilson and a few other dreamers got together and envisioned a new church.  Nashville certainly didn't NEED a new church (since I think Nashville has more churches per square mile than just about any other city around), but those dreamers wanted to start a church that was different.  A church that was "radically devoted to Christ, irrevocably committed to one another, and relentlessly dedicated to reaching those outside God's family with the Gospel of Christ."  So 10 years ago, Crosspoint Community Church began.  







I couldn't believe all the people pouring into Municipal Auditorium this morning... it was so COOL!   Excitement was in the air, almost as if we were walking into a Titans game or something!  (Actually, my funny husband, noticing the atmosphere says, "So, who's Crosspoint playing against today?"... and without missing a beat, my friend Ellen says, "SATAN!"... ha!)   But I digress....


Since Crosspoint is one church with multiple campuses, it was truly a unique opportunity for ALL the campuses to come together and celebrate this wonderful day by worshipping together under one roof.  They even bussed in people from the other sites to help with parking. 





My husband and I were lucky enough to get invited to one of the very first meetings of Crosspoint Church.  I believe the total number that day was 36.  Today, over 5,000 showed up to worship together as "Crosspoint Community Church".   I'm so proud to have been a small part of this church for the last 10 years.  I have learned so much and grown SO much in my walk with Christ due to the teachings of the Pastors there, as well as the support and accountability I have gotten from the fellowship  in that congregation.   It's been an amazing journey..... I cried many tears today.   Can't wait to see what the future holds for this amazing group of believers!! 






No comments:

Post a Comment