Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Quarantine Cooking 2020... breakfast hash!


Add to Plan to Eat

I'll admit it. I'm missing EATING OUT AT RESTAURANTS!!

We never ate out that frequently, but this quarantine has reminded me that sometimes I'm just sick of my own cooking and I need something different on my palate.

So... I've been dreaming about some of my favorite dishes at some of my favorite restaurants and decided to try and recreate them.

Today's attempt was a SMASHING SUCCESS - so I thought I'd share it with you!

I love "First Watch" and especially their Market Hash.  Check out this recipe below and try it out! It was easy and delicious. I'm happy to have a new breakfast recipe that's easy and healthy too!

Blessings... Marcia


Marcia's breakfast hash


This is my new favorite breakfast/brunch item from my 2020 Quarantine Cooking Adventures. It's my knock-off from First Watch's market hash which I LOVE. Mine is a little different but equally as good! The great thing about this is you can substitute any veggies you have in your fridge and it will be FINE. Enjoy!
Source: Marcia's kitchen
Serves:
Ingredients
  • 1 small potato
  • 12 cup chopped onions
  • 12 cup chopped green pepper
  • 34 cup sliced carrots
  • 1 cup diced zucchini squash
  • 4 cherry tomatoes halfed
  • 12 mushrooms diced or sliced
  • 1 cup spinach or 1 large handful
  • 2 Tbsp olive oil
  • chicken or veggie broth
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 egg fried
  • garlic to taste
  • Montery jack cheese or any cheese you like
Directions
  1. Microwave potato for about 4 minutes or until softened. Then cut into bite size pieces.
  2. In one large skillet, put in olive oil (or avocado oil) until hot.
  3. Add onions, peppers, carrots and potatoes and cook until veggies are a bit softened (2-3 mins) Season w/ a bit of salt and pepper
  4. Add zucchini and mushrooms... cook for a couple of mins
  5. Add Spinach and tomatoes and garlic.... add extra oil or the broth to keep moistened if getting too dry. Cook until they look done and then turn burner to low. Sprinkle the cheese on top and let it melt.
  6. In another skillet, fry up an egg to your preferred doneness. I like my over-well.
  7. Serve all the veggies in a bowl and top with the fried egg.
  8. This is delicious! Can add a side of fruit or toast to go along with it but it's great all by itself.
  9. This recipe can be used as a base, but you can throw in ANY leftover veggies you have in your fridge to make this yummy!
If you are on Plan to Eat, just click this button -Add to Plan to Eat   to import the recipe right into your own PTE recipe book!  So easy!  ENJOY!


Powered by
Plan To Eat

No comments:

Post a Comment