Saturday, November 12, 2016

Home By Dark.....


Driving home today from two beautiful days in Roswell, GA with my Home By Dark framily (Yes, they are my FRAMILY!!), and two beautiful shows where I met some amazing new friends and re-connected with old friends. I was reminded so vibrantly once again that a song truly can change your life.

Sometimes people can hear a message through a song, or feel a feeling through a piece of music that is above and beyond what they can experience through just words, either in conversation or written. Music is a healer. It is a great communication tool. It unites us. The last two evenings were HUGE blessings to me. A roomful of people who were able to set aside any outside fears, worries, and differences and unite with love. We all entered as strangers, but left as friends.

I met and prayed with a lady going through stage 4-cancer. I celebrated with another lady who is a cancer survivor. I heard a story from a man who ALSO found a "box in his attic" that contained family information he wasn't aware of (listen to my song "Ticket To Tulsa" for reference on that one!). Together we all celebrated birthdays, anniversaries and gave to a charity who does amazing work for those in need. And we all left feeling so grateful.

Grateful for our time together. Grateful for new perspective. Grateful for a two hour reprieve from the craziness of life. No, nothing is perfect in this world, but it never will be. We have to hold on to each other, and dish out as much love, grace and mercy for one another as we can.

There are many things in this world that I can't control. But remembering to wake up each day and show love to those around me, using the gifts that God gave me, is something that I CAN control. It's a way to connect. It's a way to heal. It's a way to bless and be blessed....

... and I leave Roswell, GA feeling OH SO BLESSED!

Thank you to all the amazing people who came out to the "Home By Dark" shows. I leave your town with a FULL heart! And THANK YOU to James and Karen Casto, Mike Shetler, Matt Blanchard, Jim Hettinger and my SISTERS, Carole Ford and Vanessa Conner. Sharing the stage with you is always an honor! ... and my husband, Mike Waldron... what can I say honey? You continue to be my favorite everything and I don't know what I'd do without you. Thank you for sharing your great talent with us and for making sure I had my capo on the right fret. :-)

If you live in the Atlanta, GA area, go to www.homebydark.com, find a show near you... and GO!!! Trust me.... you will be so glad you did!

Love
M


No comments:

Post a Comment