Sunday, June 26, 2016

Scared to death.....

Everyone is so afraid these days.

They are afraid that their choice for President won't win.
They are afraid that their religious beliefs are being threatened.
They are afraid that their lifestyle choice leaves them vulnerable and marginalized.

They are afraid of losing their guns, not being able to marry who they want, not being able to choose who they want to do business with.  They are terrified that their comfort zones are being stretched beyond their... well... their comfortability.  AND more than anything, they are all afraid of not being heard.  That's right.  They don't think their wants, needs, and desires are being HEARD.  

So they talk louder.. and louder... until they are yelling, no screaming at the top of their lungs. Begging to be HEARD.   And with everyone so hell-bent on being heard, it seems no one wants to listen.  So with no one listening and everyone screaming, we are left with a very loud cultural problem.

No matter what "side" you are on of the issues today, everyone seems to think that their side is being overlooked, marginalized, and bullied by the other side.

Houston, we have a problem.  

I get it friends.  I have to fight the urge to panic too.  But you know why I don't?

Because I know who is really in control.  

Politics drive me nuts in general because getting down to the real truth of ANY issue seems to be downright impossible, but when an election is imminent, I try to pay attention so that I can be an educated voter.  I see many people exercising their "right" to vote, but they don't use that "right" in a responsible manner by educating themselves about what and who they are voting for before going to the polls.  And no, a steady dose of news from only one news channel/news source is NOT educating yourself.  You have to dig deeper people.  Listen to all points of view and get your information from different sources, then use your brain to sort through as much of the gunk that you can, and then use your heart to vote your conscious.  Then leave it up to God. 

That's right.  Leave it up to GOD.  Because HE is ultimately in control and will use whoever wins to further His plans for our country.  

I hear many people complaining about how we don't have a good candidate from either party to vote for.  They whine and say things like, "We're all screwed!"   Well, if you are putting all your faith in any human being, then yeah, I understand why you feel that way.  But if you are putting all your faith in GOD, then that takes the pressure off.  That's why I don't get too worked up about who might become our President.  And maybe that's precisely why we don't have a "good candidate".  Maybe it's God's way of trying to show us to stop putting all our faith in a human leader and start looking back to Him for guidance and peace.  Who knows?  I mean, it sure has gotten me remembering who to put my faith in.  

So come on friends... let's stop acting like people with different political views/religious beliefs/lifestyle choices/sexual orientations etc... are our enemies.  And if you DO feel like they are your enemies, well..... Jesus said to "Love your enemies".  And he was really clear about that.

Love God.  Love each other.  And stop letting fear dominate our thinking and our decisions.
Aren't you tired of being scared to death??  
Me too.

Love,


6 comments:

  1. Love the clarity and simplicity here. Why must we complicate things?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And yes, I agree. Love is simple. :-)

      Delete
  2. 'Well thought out and beautifully written, Marcia. I'd like to comment on 3 of your statements:
    1. God doesn't TRY to tell us anything. He will speak through a donkey's mouth if necessary. (Numbers 22:28)
    2. We DO have a good candidate. His name is Donald Trump. (maybe another donkey?:)
    3. Our enemies are not people. (Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Don, Thanks for reading and for your comments.
      1. So, true... He WILL find a way to speak to us. We just have to learn to listen I think!
      2. I'm glad you feel confident about your candidate of choice. According to a pole I saw on tv this morning, 58% of the country doesn't agree with you, so that only shows how divided we are right now. I'm going to keep an open mind until I have to go vote and then I will use what knowledge I have along with a prayerful conscious and give it my best shot... then let God handle the outcome, :-)
      3. AMEN. So true my friend! That's a good point to remember!
      Thanks for your thoughts... Have a good day!

      Delete
  3. Great advice, Marcia. The world can be a terrifying place until we stop and remember who is in control and has a plan already in motion. I agree that we should investigate thoroughly each candidate before voting...so much litter to sift through. And we do need to listen more and love more...thanks for the reminders. Proverbs 3:5-6

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, Proverbs 3:5-6 are my favorite verses! Thanks for reading and for your comment too!

      Delete