Saturday, January 10, 2015

Update on Dad

If there is one thing I know.. it's that my Dad is very loved by MANY.   I can't thank you all enough for the prayers for him during these last few weeks since his fall on Christmas Eve (when he broke 2 ribs).   At 91 yrs of age,  he's obviously very fragile, but man... is he ever stubborn and strong-willed!!   As his doctor said, "Your Dad still wants to be here."  "Here" being on this earth.  We are so grateful that he has such a strong desire to live and be healthy... at this rate, he could see triple digits!!

So the latest update is that we got released from the hospital and we transferred him to a very nice rehab facility where he will stay for awhile.  Because it's the weekend, they don't have the full staff right now and I can't seem to get an answer as to how long they think he will be there.  But I imagine a week or two.  I'm sure it will depend on how well he does in PT.  We need to keep him up and moving so that he doesn't have the congestive heart failure bother him again, or even worse get pneumonia or blood clots.  


I know he is anxious to get back to his home, and we fully expect him to make that transition back after getting a bit stronger.  Each time I stop by to check his mail at his assisted-living apartment, I have several different ladies stopping me to inquire about him.  Apparently he has several of the female residents quite charmed where he lives and they are missing their little man.  :-)   I had no idea he was so popular with the ladies there, but I think I know now why he's so anxious to get home.  Haha!

Again...thank you all for your prayers, phone calls, texts, FB messages etc.... it really warms my heart to know that so many are rooting for him to stick around awhile longer!  He is a special, special man!
Love,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment