Sunday, December 1, 2013

December news


Dec. 2013   

 The holiday season is upon us, and as usual, this time of year leaves me feeling pretty melancholy.  There is so much about this season that makes me extra joyful and thankful. I have been blessed with so much! It also brings to the forefront that there are many people out there without the basic comforts that I take for granted each day.  Sometimes, the needs seem so overwhelming that it’s easy to just walk away, or ignore the situation in front of you, feeling like the little bit that you can do wouldn’t really make a big difference anyway.  I’ve definitely been guilty of that in the past…. But no more.  I’ve been praying for the Good Lord to convict my heart when there is a need around me that I can meet no matter how big or small.   And if you are looking for something that you can do to make a difference for someone this year, please take a moment and consider a few of these needs that have been tugging on my heart lately.

1.) Matteo Chavez – You can help this family help their sweet little boy. (I blogged about Mateo recently here.) On DEC. 2nd, from midnight to midnight, you can text to donate a $5 donation to help them get an Autism Service Dog that he desperately needs! 


Please consider doing this….
$5.00 is donated per text you can do it up to 5 times , you have to reply ,yes when you get a confirmation text back! 
That’s giving up one Starbucks Latte to help someone in need!  Please don’t think “My $5 won’t really make a difference”, because IT WILL!!  If you miss this opportunity on Dec. 2nd, the family has a FirstGiving.com page set up so you can donate to Mateo’s fund anytime! 


“It’s not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.”

2.)Beautiful Feet Global Outreach – I’m on the Board of Directors for this wonderful organization and we could REALLY use your help!  There are many different ways you can help us.  A one time donation, helping with our Chicken Project, becoming a regular monthly giver, or joining our “Adopt A Child” program.  Everything is tax deductible, so if you are looking for a tax break before the end of the year hits… please consider our worthy organization!   You can also donate just by shopping online at Amazon by using THIS LINK to our Lambshops site.  All you have to do is SHOP.... it will cost you NOTHING and a percentage of everything you purchase will be donated towards BFGO!  

“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”

3.)Alive Hospice – When I lost my dear Mother this year, we were so lucky to get to spend her last few days at Alive Hospice.  This is an amazing place, helping so many transition with dignity and grace.  When Mother passed, I asked people to donate to Alive Hospice in lieu of flowers, and I would still ask anyone who might be willing to donate in her name, or in the name of another loved one to do that before the end of the year.  It’s truly a special, special place.

“A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal.”
  
Ok… down to business…. Only one show this month, but it’s a BIG ONE!   The annual “Twelve Against Nature/Make Me Smile” Supershow is Saturday, Dec. 7th at 3rd and Lindsley.  Come early, have dinner, and enjoy the music of “Chicago” and “Steely Dan” performed by some of Nashville’s top musicians.  It’s always a fantastic evening!


As each year comes to a close, I always look back with a grateful heart that God has gifted me with such amazing friends and family.  Thank you all for being a part of my 2013.  I wish you all a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and all-around wonderful holiday season. 

"If you wait until you can do everything for everybody, instead of something for somebody, you’ll end up not doing nothing for nobody.”

Let the season of giving begin!! 

Love y’all….. M


2 comments:

  1. We'll be there Saturday night! Kelly 'n me! Thank you once again for your true kindness. It was a good day, that night I met you in Annapolis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh coooool!! It will be great to see you! I sure hope a little money comes in today for Matteo! Praying!!

    ReplyDelete