Thursday, November 7, 2013

To Heaven and Back....

"Complete trust that God has a beautiful plan and that it is one with a hope and a future allows me, and each of us, to face challenges with confidence and courage, even when the plan and its beauty seem hidden." 

I bought this book right after Mama passed away last February.  I think the title jumped out at me as I was mourning her loss and thought this might give me a little glimpse into the life she's living now.  However, I just couldn't bring myself to start reading it, possibly because I just wasn't ready to stir up the emotions that I knew it would bring.  So....it's been sitting on my desk staring at me now for 9 months.  

As I was packing to board a plane last week, I was looking around the house for some reading material and I finally chose to grab this one and see what it had to say to me.  Oh BOY.... did it EVER have alot to say to me!!   It's not exactly what I thought it was going to be about, but intriguing never-the-less.   I see why it is a #1 New York Times Bestseller.  Easy to read and full of thought-provoking statements.  

"When I look into your eyes, I know there is a God.  Human compassion and the capacity to love are not the result of mere chance." 


"Every choice we make today affects the choices that we face tomorrow." 

"Have you ever really changed or experienced personal growth during times of comfort or complacency?"

"We are either in the process of resisting God's truth or in the process of being shaped and molded by His truth."

Mary C. Neal is an orthopaedic surgeon from Jackson Hole, WY.   Mary drowned in a kayak accident while vacationing in the Los Rios region of southern Chile.  This book details her remarkable story of her life's spiritual journey and what happened as she moved from life to death to eternal life, and back again.   I encourage you to pick up this book and read Mary's words....especially those who have experienced the loss of a loved one.  I believe you will find great comfort in Mary's story.  

For more information on Dr. Neal, the book, and who benefits from the proceeds when you purchase this book:  www.DrMaryNeal.com 

Thank you Dr. Neal, for following God's prompting to share your story with us!!  

*all quote in bold are from the book "To Heaven and Back"


No comments:

Post a Comment