Wednesday, May 8, 2013

So.... NOW what do I do?? Help!

So... long story short.... I decided I wanted to sponsor a little girl in Zimbabwe through "Beautiful Feet Global Outreach".   BFGO encourages people to jointly sponsor a child.  So I asked my friends Kim and Britt if they wanted to go in with me as co-sponsors for a little girl at the Rose of Sharon Orphanage in Zim.  They said "YES"!!  Awesome!

So.... I asked the director of BFGO to pick out a "special" one for us!  I said ONE.  Sigh.... but NO... my dear friend Melissa Irwin did NOT pick out ONE... she sent me TWO to pick from. (Melissa obviously doesn't obey instructions well...)   Now HOW am I supposed to pick one of these precious little girls and NOT help the other one????

So... I told Kim and Britt to let me know which one they felt they were leaning toward.  Of course Kim picked one and Britt picked the other. They told me I was now the deciding vote.  Darn it!  Now I'm back to square one.   So... NOW what do I do?  Help!  Look at these faces and you'll see my dilemma!

First off we have "Pretty", she is 12 yrs. old:  

A few years ago, Pretty was taken by a female relative into the city for a shopping errand. Pretty was placed at a waiting spot by the relative and told to stay there, that she would be right back. She never came back. It is unclear how long Pretty was left to fend for herself, but eventually she was discovered and delivered to social welfare where she was then placed into the orphanage. Pretty is a brave and strong young girl with an eagerness to learn. She has formed an amazing sisterhood with some of the other girls in the orphanage and it is a joy to see them live and love. Pretty is very happy and hopeful about the sponsorship program and she is eager to have someone to communicate with and is very thankful for the assistance it will bring her.


And we also have "Akinia", who just turned 11 yrs. old:

Akinia and her sisters were rescued in 2006. Their mother has had at least 4 children by 4 different men and has abandoned each child although she keeps in touch periodically by phone. The children had been left alone and were discovered picking food out of garbage cans behind a school. Akinia giggles uncontrollably when she is nervous. She is very close to her other 3 sisters in the orphanages, has a great personality and enjoys school.

So....here is what HAS to happen.  I need 3 people to sponsor one of these girls!!   It'll be fun, rewarding and beautiful!!  C'mon now... who's in?    It's the ONLY WAY I'll be able to sleep again at night!!  :-)    Kim, Britt and I will take one and YOU take the other!  

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.... or go to the BFGO website for more details here:  http://www.beautifulfeetgo.org/

..... and I may even be traveling to Zim to meet my new "daughter" next April!!    ME? Travel to Zimbabwe?   WHO AM I???   :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment