Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Velvet Note....

Mom's dementia during her last few years caused several repeating phone conversations between us.  Here is one that would repeat on a fairly regular basis:

"Hello?"
"Hi Mom.  How are you today?"
"Oh, I'm fine." 
"What are you going to do today?"
"Oh, nothing. Maybe I'll go play Bingo."
(FYI... she never played bingo...lol)
"Oh, ok, well that sounds good."
"What are YOU doing today?"
"Well I'm going in to work right now."
"Really??  Well.... what kind of work do you do?"
"I sing Mom. I'm a singer."
"You ARE?? ... long pause... well, I didn't know you could sing."
"Yes Mom, I sing a little."
"Do people PAY you to sing?"
"Yes, Mom, they usually pay me."
"Well, I'd love to come hear you sing sometime."
"That would be great Mom.  I'll be sure and let you know when I'm singing next so you can come, ok?"
"Oh yes, I'd like that!  Thank you honey."


Well Mom.... I'm singing this Friday night in Alpharetta, GA... and I have a feeling you'll finally get to be at the show.  :-)    Now, if I can get through the show without sobbing uncontrollably and making everyone in the audience uncomfortable, THAT will be a miracle.  LoL   Luckily, I'll be with 2 of my favorite singer/songwriters, as well as them also being 2 of my favorite human beings on the planet, so I know I'll be in good hands!       


 SO.. If you are in the Atlanta, GA area...ya'll come to "The Velvet Note" this Friday night .... I believe the latest I heard is the 7:30 show is SOLD OUT, but there are still tickets available for the 9:30 show.  For ticket information go here:  http://thevelvetnote.com/    I would love to see you there!!

Have a great weekend friends... Love you all.... M


No comments:

Post a Comment