Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013.... Here we go!

We packed up our little van and headed to Michigan to begin the new year.  2013.  Wow... doesn't seem REAL.  I mean, I always thought life on earth would be like "The Jetsons" by now.  2013 sounds so...so....futuristic.   Shouldn't we be traveling via a transporter like they use in "Star Trek" instead of a 2004 Dodge Caravan??   Apparently not...

But that's ok... cause I don't wanna live on some spaceship... I'd much rather live here:


I know, I know... I don't really live there.  But my in-laws do, so we get to visit this lovely place.  

I love visiting Michigan, but I don't really love driving for 10 hours, so I picked up a book, written by a good friend of mine, Connie Williams, to keep me occupied on the long journey to Michigan.   That was one of the best decisions ever.  I'm only halfway through and I'm blown away!   


 Do yourself a favor and BUY THIS BOOK!!  It's a perfect way to start the new year.  It has some amazing insights on how to make some serious changes in your thinking that will benefit you and everyone you come in contact with.    I'll write more about this amazing book after I completely finish it... which shouldn't be much longer since I'm struggling to put it down.    

In the meantime... I'm gonna go stuff myself with deer sausage and bean soup, since we are going on a MAJOR diet as soon as we get home.  Isn't that right, honey?  (the hubs is gonna diet with me. Yes he is.)

Happy 2013 everyone!  Let's make this year the BEST year YET!!  

Ok... so who's making New Year's Resolutions????   Anyone?  Anyone?  


2 comments:

  1. Marcia,
    Happy New Year girl. Hope you and Mike are enjoying your time in Michigan. Your blog touched my heart. When people like you take time to read my book, and then comment on it - you'll never know what that means to me. I wish there was a way I could add this to the reviews in Amazon.

    Thank you for sharing your thoughts and words with others. "The Way I See It " is a blog I always look forward to reading. Your love, kindness & positivity are refreshing. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie... I will definitely post a review on Amazon when I'm done with the book.. which should be VERY soon! Thank you SOOO much for taking the time to write this book! It's gonna change lives... for REAL!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete