Sunday, July 8, 2012

Fully Alive....

"Are you surviving or thriving?" -- Ken Davis, author of "Fully Alive"


This morning, I didn't feel like getting dressed and facing the world... so I didn't.  I didn't get out of my pajamas.  I didn't put in my contacts or brush my hair.  Shower?  Nope.  Brush my teeth?  Well, duh.... of COURSE I brushed my teeth!   That would be taking things just a bit too far don't 'cha think?   I don't want to gross myself out!   Anyway.....

....as I lay in bed, sipping on my first of many cups of morning coffee, I decided to download a podcast from my church to watch, hoping it would bring me some motivation.  I glanced through the topics of recent sermons I had missed lately and one jumped out at me, "Fully Alive".  I remember everyone raving about the guest speaker that day (our main pastor, Pete Wilson was on vacation) so I decided this was how I was going to have church in bed today.  

Wow.  WHAT a great message Ken Davis brought that day.  I laughed.  I cried.  I felt encouraged.  I also felt a bit ashamed.  Ashamed that I don't live life to the fullest everyday.  I don't wake up every morning excited about what my day will hold.  I don't live in full appreciation of what God has given me.  But I want to.

"Are you surviving or THRIVING?" ---  I must admit, that some days I take the "survival" approach.   I find myself feeling overwhelmed so I only ask myself "What do I have to do to get through today?"  No more, no less.  That ain't thriving.  -- and I want to thrive!  


How about you guys?   Do you feel like you are only surviving most days?  What do you do to make the most out of each day?  


2 comments:

  1. LOVED that talk too! so good for my heart. I need to re-listen to that one. too much of a pity party today. hate those stuck days. Would gladly have joined you in a pj day of nothing. Those days are very much needed as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Stuck" days... that's a good description Tracee. Been feeling a bit stuck myself. However, taking today off to rest, inhale, and "fill up" has been good for my attitude. I guess it's that fine line of living life to the fullest, yet not wearing yourself out, huh? :-)

    ReplyDelete