Friday, September 20, 2019

For those hurting today.....




Gosh friends...sigh....it’s been a tough week for many in my friendship circles.

πŸ’”My sister and brother-in-law lost a close family member.
πŸ’”A friend’s friend lost his son to suicide.
πŸ’”The Nashville touring community lost one of it’s own in a horrific bus crash.
πŸ’”2 friends buried their Mothers on the same day.
πŸ’”My son’s friend got a terminal diagnosis.

.... and that’s only a few written in my prayer journal. Many are too private to share. But clearly, the hurt is being spread around these days. No, it’s not just you. Everyone has their own burdens to carry. No one gets through life without scars. But we do have help, and hope.

In my deepest darkest pain, I have been carried through by the grace of God. I have cried out to Him over and over for relief from hurt I thought I could not bear — and He graciously gave it. I have felt the prayers from those who love 
me, forming huge protective barriers around me to keep me from falling down so far that I could never get back up. Prayers that lifted me out of the belly of the whale so that I could breathe again. And a sweet, precious mercy straight from God that renewed my soul and gave my spirit light enough to see hope again. 

For those of you that are hurting so badly today, I pray you can feel God’s tenderness towards you. He cries each tear with you. I am so grateful we have a Savior that knows what we are feeling. He walked this earth and loved and lost too... so yes, he truly KNOWS what we are going through and He has promised to stay right beside us to help us through our pain. He has done it for me over and over again. I pray you let Him do it for you too.

Yes, you’ll be able to smile again.
Yes, you’ll be able to feel “light” again.
Yes, you’ll feel hope again.
It just takes time. Healing time. 

Until the healing comes forth, remember....you are not walking this dark path alone. The Lord is extra close to the broken-hearted. ❤️

Much love,
Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment