Monday, April 2, 2018

Spring updates 2018

April 2018
Happy SPRING!  I mean, I think it’s spring. I am actually sitting on our tour bus in Warrendale, PA looking at 3 inches of snow on the ground, so apparently, spring is taking its own sweet time getting to this part of the country! LoL

I’m in the middle of a 3 week East Coast tour with the amazing Christopher Cross and his fabulous band.  After this we go home for 4 days and then fly to Japan for our annual shows at Billboard Live in Osaka and Tokyo.  Although it’s a l-o-n-g flight to Japan, it’s always a super fun trip. I adore Japan and the Japanese people. It’s always a trip I look forward to! 

For all the info on where the CC gang will be playing this year, go to: www.christophercross.com/concerts  

Also, I’m starting to book some shows of my own to help promote my newest project, "Abba's Child" — Hopefully, I’ll be able to announce those soon. 
 If you haven't checked out "Abba's Child" yet, please give it a listen.  It's my first Faith-based project and I couldn't be more proud of it.  My husband, Mike Waldron did an amazing job producing this CD. It's got a wide range of musical styles, but he somehow managed to make it all work together!  (I married a genius!).  Lyrically, it's basically the story of my faith. Beginning with my early days in the church, losing my way a bit, and then coming back around.  Hopefully, you'll find something you can relate to in my journey and feel hopeful after you travel this road with me. It truly IS a story about HOPE -- which we all need a little more of these days!  :-) 
  



In other news: As many of you know, Reba McEntire has a double CD that was released on Feb. 3rd, 2017 and one of my songs, “God and My Girlfriends” is on it! (It is also on "Abba's Child" as well!) We were SO PLEASED that her CD, "Sing It Now: Songs of Faith and Hope" recently won a GRAMMY for "Best Roots/Gospel Album"!  GO REBA! 


I wrote “GAMG” with my friends Lisa Hentrich and Patricia Conroy and we immediately felt like it was perfect for Reba and pitched it to her.  Apparently she loved it too, because she quickly put it on “hold”.  Well…that was 8 years ago!   LoL   So yeah, Reba took her time, but in her own time (or maybe in God’s perfect time!), she finally recorded the song and did a beautiful job!  We are happy and very proud to have this song finally coming out!  Although the song isn't a "single" (yet, she hopefully types!), I have heard from many of you that it is getting a lot of radio airplay around the country, and there is a hashtag #GodAndMyGirlfriends, with women posting pictures and videos on social media with their girlfriends.  Some of them made me cry!  It’s so sweet ya'll!  Truly!  I love that the song is empowering women to bond together because THAT is a beautiful thing!  Ya'll go download the CD!  

Speaking of empowering women.... all you LADIES in the Nashville area, please mark your calendars for a special event that I'm co-hosting on May 20th!  We will be having our very first "God and My Girlfriends Gathering" and I'M SO EXCITED!  God recently planted a seed in my heart to start a women's event that would help encourage, inspire, and empower women - learning to lean on our friends and our faith to help us follow our dreams.  I reached out to a few of my friends recently and told them my vision.  They said, "LET'S DO IT!"... so we ARE!  I will be sending out ALL the details very soon, so keep an eye out on my social media!  But just so you can mark your calendars, here are the basics:

"God and My Girlfriends Gathering"
WHEN: Sunday, May 20th  from 4:00 - 6:00pm
WHERE: World Music Nashville 
             Bellevue Valley Plaza
             7069 US-70S, Nashville, TN 37221

We are getting a great line-up for this event, so I promise, you will NOT want to miss this!  I'M PUMPED!  :-) 


That’s about it for now.  I truly hope to see some of you at upcoming shows.  That is one great thing about doing so much travel is getting to run into old friends and meet new ones!  I am looking forward to an exciting 2018 for us all!

Ya'll be good to each other and check www.marciaramirez.com now and then for more updates!

Love, Peace and Blessings,





No comments:

Post a Comment