Saturday, January 14, 2017

Jan 2017 NEWS.....

I hope everyone is having a beautiful start to 2017.  This year is shaping up to be a fun and exciting one for me.  Currently I am deep in the middle of making my new CD, which I hope to have finished this spring and I’m getting SUPER excited about getting some new music out to you all. In the meantime, I have a couple of other fun pieces of music news to share!

 First off, Reba McEntire has a new double CD that is being released on Feb. 3rd and I’m happy to announce that one of my songs, “God and My Girlfriends” is on it!  I wrote “GAMG” with my friends Lisa Hentrich and Patricia Conroy and we immediately felt like it was perfect for Reba and pitched it to her.  Apparently she loved it too, because she quickly put it on “hold”.  Well…that was 8 years ago!   LoL   So yeah, Reba took her time, but in her own time (or maybe in God’s perfect time!), she finally recorded the song and did a beautiful job!  We are happy and very proud to have this song finally coming out!  Although the full CD, “Sing it now - Songs of faith and hope” doesn’t come out until Feb., she chose our song to be released early, so you can download it NOW on iTunes!  There is even a hashtag #GodAndMyGirlfriends, with women all over the country posting pictures and videos on social media with their girlfriends.  Some of them made me cry!  It’s so sweet y’all!  Truly!  I love that the song is empowering women to bond together, because THAT is a beautiful thing!  Ya’ll go download the song… AND the CD when it comes out!  I can’t wait to hear it myself!  


 In equally fun news, I just recorded a new song that I wrote with the great Christopher Cross and I’ll be releasing that later this month on iTunes as a “prelude” to my full-length project.  Yes, CC is my current “boss”, but he is also one of my great musical influences as I spent many, many hours in my youth listening to his music.  It is truly an honor to get to co-write a song with him, and I can’t WAIT to tell you the special circumstances behind the writing of it!   Stay tuned for that…..  :-)

Also, the PBS special, “Christopher Cross and friends”, which features the CC band, Michael McDonald, Mike Love and Eric Johnson should start airing all over the country this year as well. Ya’ll keep your eyes peeled on your local PBS station for air times.  We are super proud of how it turned out and can’t wait for everyone to see it!  

We just finished our first CC show of 2017 in Grand Rapids, MI at the Forest Hills Fine Arts Center. What a beautiful facility!  Everyone there was so great and we had a wonderful time.  We have one more show this month in Lancaster, PA, at The American Music Theatre with the band “America”!  I love those guys!  SO many hits from the 70’s and 80’s.  I just sit and listen to their set and go back in time.  If you are in the Lancaster area, come see us on January, 28th!

 Next week, I’m heading down to Birmingham, AL with my pals, Kim Parent and Rob Harris.  We have convinced Mike Waldron to join us for an evening of stories and songs as part of “The Writer’s Share” songwriter concert series.  If you are near B’ham, come join us for a lovely evening at Workplay, Jan. 19th, at 8:00pm.
 

That’s about it for now.  I truly hope to see some of you at upcoming shows.  That is one great thing about doing so much travel is getting to run into old friends and meet new ones!  
Ya’ll be good to each other and check my blog now and then for more updates!
 Love, Peace and Blessings,

NEXT UP:
 In February I do TWO shows in Nashville (a rare thing these days!):
“Kimbros” —- Feb. 19th   

“The Bluebird Cafe” —Feb. 25th  w/Kaci Bolls, Jay Knowles, and Britton Cameron




No comments:

Post a Comment