Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Making a difference....




There are a few people in this world that truly inspire me.  My friend Melissa Irwin is one of those people.   Three years ago, Melissa made her first trip to a Zimbabwean orphanage where she fell in love with so many beautiful children, left to deal with a life of poverty, AIDS, and a lack of basic needs (like food and family to love and support them).  Luckily, an amazing lady named Fatima runs this orphanage and makes it her mission to make sure these children have those needs met.   Now, I was impressed at how Melissa decided to take the trip over there to help out for a couple of weeks.  Not many of us feel comfortable signing up for mission trips.  But Melissa didn't stop there.. she signed up to go again.  And again.. and AGAIN.  But Melissa didn't stop there either.... she has started a non-profit organization called "Beautiful Feet Global Outreach".  I'm amazed at the passion she has for these children in this orphanage and how she's committed to making a difference in their lives. 

I know that times are tough for many right now.  And you probably have SO many causes that are asking for your donations, so when you DO reach into your pockets to help, you want to be SURE your money is really making a difference.  I can PROMISE you that if you choose to donate to "Beautiful Feet Global Outreach" you WILL be making a difference.  I can testify to the integrity and pure servant's heart that Melissa has.  You can follow her blog to see exactly what she is doing with this organization.  I just signed up myself to be a monthly donor and I'm truly excited to see how Melissa is going to make this money work as she is truly saving lives!!

If you could join me in supporting her with monetary donations, that would be AWESOME... but I know it's not something everyone can do right now.  If you could please add her to your prayer list, that would be much appreciated too!  .. and pray for Fatima and those precious children.  As much as we all feel that times are "tight" for us, all you have to do is read about the living conditions they are dealing with in Zimbabwe to know that we are truly blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment