Monday, December 1, 2008

December 1st.. it's not my birthday...

.....however, I did start my day with not one, but TWO birthday e-cards from two dear friends. They are two weeks and three days early. My birthday isn't until the 19th. Why, you ask did that happen? Especially since those two friends don't even know each other. How could they BOTH have my birthday on Dec. 1st instead of Dec. 19th. Kinda weird, huh? There is something really interesting about getting birthday greetings when it's not your birthday. Even though it wasn't actually my birthday, it still made me feel special. And then I thought, wow..... maybe I should go about my day, pretending like it IS my birthday...?? You know how you feel kind of special all day when it IS your birthday??? So why not feel that way today, right? I mean, two people think it IS your birthday anyway..... so why not go with it. All day. So I did. I took the day off and spent it with my husband. We did a little shopping, ate lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant, came home and took a nap...... then watched some Christmas shows on the new Hi-Def TV (which is still ultra amazing to me) and finished putting up Christmas decorations. I made some dinner and now I'm relaxing watching MNF. So, thanks Randy and Kathy. Because of you I got to extend my vacation an extra day!! I wasn't ready to get back to the daily grind anyway and you guys gave me permission to relax one more day!! I mean, it WAS my birthday, right????

2 comments:

  1. Marcia, you're like an old pro at blogging now! This is really looking good!

    Your birthday and mine are just five days apart. Mine gets conveniently forgotten, as the five days are on the "after" side. I'm sure you get pretty much the same.

    Keep up the great work!

    -- Duncan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duncan.... yes, my birthday does get overlooked sometimes during the hustle/bustle of the holidays. I also get alot of, "Now, this is your birthday AND your Christmas present."
    That always stinks, don't you think? I'm sure you get that alot too!!

    Dan.....
    ROFL...That girl was pretty smart IMO! Pretty funny!

    ReplyDelete