Thursday, November 27, 2008

Jesus and The Lions

It’s Thanksgiving morning. I’m up early having some coffee like I always do. I’m so excited about this day that from the moment my eyes open, I am wide-awake. I LOVE watching the Macy’s Parade from New York City. Someday, I think I’d love to be there in NYC, experiencing it all in person.

I also LOVE football. Today the Tennessee Titans are playing the Detroit Lions at noon. My husband grew up in Michigan, so he’s a life-long Lions fan. If you know anything about Pro-football, then you know that he must be a very, very loyal and patient man to continue to follow the Lions. They are terrible. They have been terrible for years now. It’s one of the things that I admire so much in my DH (dear husband). When he loves something or someone he doesn’t walk away when things get tough. Good quality in a husband, don’t you think??? :-)

I LOVE to eat too! … so this IS the day, right?!?! I always cook a big turkey with all the fixin’s and we have a big family feast at my house. However, things are a little different this year. My ODS (oldest dear son) got married this year, so he and my new DIL (daughter-in-law… are you getting this now?) will be coming over tomorrow. Our big meal will be tomorrow. Mom and Dad will be here too. However, that does NOT mean we won’t be having lots of food today as well… DH’s making his famous chicken & dumplin’s. yum, yum. I’m in charge of the sausage cheese balls. They are de-lish!!

Our DD (dear daughter) is in Michigan visiting her Mom’s side of the family. We miss her, but I know she needs to see them too. YDS is here with us. He’s still sleeping. So is DH. That’s okay. I love the quiet time in the mornings when I’m the only one up. It gives me time to reflect. Reflect on how blessed I am. Reflect on the choices I’ve made in my life that have brought me here. Some were good choices, and some were just plain wrong. But thankfully, my savior, Jesus Christ has stayed by my side and guided me through all the dumb mistakes I made to lead me where I need to be. He carried me when I couldn’t walk anymore. He pulled me in the right direction when I was heading for disaster. And He stopped me when I was going too far. No matter now I tried to turn away from Him, He never gave up on me. Never.

I’ll bet Jesus is a Lion’s fan. :-)

1 comment:

  1. That sounds amazing!! I wanna go!! I wanna go!! Maybe someday...

    Happy Thanksgiving Dan!

    ReplyDelete